Job 22:28: You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways. (NKJV)
The words spoken by the mouth are potent so that they can make or mar our destiny (Proverbs 18:21). For example, it was God’s spoken word that created the earth and every being (Genesis 1). Similarly, in John 11:11-44, it was Christ’s pronounced word that revived Lazarus from death. Come to think of it! Why do we then suffer when we can decree to situations as our text reads?
Perhaps, we fail to trust in God and lack the boldness to decree in His name (Hebrews 11:6). Besides, our sins could serve as a barrier to the realm of performance in the spoken word. Oh! Remember those men who attempted to cast out demons in Jesus’ name? They got the beating of their lives! (Acts 19:11-17). Why? Because, to engage the mystery of the Word, you must be ‘Born Again’ and live by the Spirit, which gives life (Galatians 5:13-26).
Beloved, whatever it is that is confronting you, so far you have a mind and mouth; you will study the Bible and decree like the Shunammite woman who maintained that ‘All was well’ in the face of trials (2 Kings 4:16-37). No one will love you than yourself; beautify your life by confessing the Word. Use the available to get the desirable!
Hymn: Sweet Hour of Prayer – William W. Walford (1845)
1. Father, grant me the zeal to study the Word, walk in it and speak to my mountains, in Jesus’ name.
2. Blank cheque: Decree to that situation and believe it is done, in Jesus’ name.
3. Father, connect me to those that will help me fulfil my destiny, in Jesus’ name.
4. Lord, eliminate sorrow, failure and shame from the dictionary of my life, in Jesus’ name.
5. Blood of Jesus! Cover Your church, our nations, neighbours and families, in Jesus’ name.
CONTROL YOUR DAY BY YOUR WORDS
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.