Proverbs 10:28 The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing (NIV)
Does love, achievement, fame, family, business and money, among other things, give satisfaction? Remember what Proverbs 23:4-5 says about wealth, that they can grow wings and fly away. In other words, nothing of this world would give joy; instead, they can only offer temporal happiness!
For example, when Sarah, who had long passed her menopause, got Isaac—it could give an idea of extreme happiness; of course! Sarah laughed (Genesis 18, 21:1-7). Yet, this doesn’t equate to joy because what we often term as joy are moments of cheerfulness, which are products of our emotions. But, pure joy is an ‘attitude of the heart’ because it comes from within, such that the situations of things do not change your mood. There is a constant flow of peace and hope from the soul (Colossians 1:27).
1. Who offers joy? God gives it through the Holy Spirit, which is one of the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-25).
2. How do I experience it? Get saved or rededicate (Psalms 51:12) and walk by the spirit (Romans 8:1-28) so that when you receive the promise of God through prayers, you experience the joy of hope! (Romans 15:13).
Finally, are you weighed down by the current global issues and challenges, which submerged you into depression? If yes! The Lord wants to restore you (John 14:27). Why not tell everything to Jesus because our text affirms that everlasting joy is your portion!
Hymn: I Must Tell Jesus — Elisha A. Hoffman (1893)
1. Talk to Your Father on those issues!
2. Scorpions of affliction, I refuse to be your victim!
3. Father, rescue every individual, nation and churches marked for destruction.
3. This week and beyond, I shall not enter the grave and not bury anyone!
DO NOT BE AFRAID! ?
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.