Genesis 41:37-45 (41): Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the entire land of Egypt.” (NLT)
A process is a series of actions taken to get a result, while a product is the outcome of a process. The process is of more significance because, without it, there is no product. For example, the creation of man was procedural, because it took the dust, breath and the rib to form Adam and Eve (Genesis 2:7, 20-23). Similarly, the formative phase of an animal, e.g. the butterfly, at the caterpillar stage must wrestle out of the cocoon for its wings to develop because without this process; there won’t be a butterfly.
Analysing the story of Joseph in our text and below, he went through a process to attain a timeless status:
1. His dream(s): introduction to the journey and glory ahead (37:5 & 9).
2. Slavery: preparation for service to the people; for which he eventually became the Prime Minister (37:12-36).
3. Seduction: tested and groomed for discipline (39).
4. Interpretation of dreams: the platform (key) to the top and fulfilment of his purpose (50:15-20).
5. Finally, his successful management of the food crisis in Egypt brought about an Agricultural Policy which yielded human and economic prosperity (41:46-57).
Irrespective of God’s promise(s) or current happenings in your life, rest assured that you’re ‘a work-in-progress’ that would produce maximum impact. Oh! Just as a child born today can never get into the university tomorrow, like Joseph; allow God to complete His work in you (Job 8:7). Hold on! Learn through the process because very soon, you’ll sprout like a tree planted by the riverside (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
Hymn: All the Way My Savior Leads Me – Frances J. Crosby (1875)
1. Father, help me through the process of life, career and spiritual growth.
“In your Quest to becoming the Product, focus on the Process.”
GOD BLESS, YOU! TO LEARN MORE, JOIN US AS WE WORSHIP GOD TOGETHER ON WEDNESDAYS AND SUNDAYS (CHECK OUR CONTACT FOR OUR MOBILE NUMBER AND VENUE)